May 6, 2022 Bear News-Essities
MEMORIAL DAY PARADE
Memorial Day Parade and Activities on Monday, May 30, 2022
Parade begins at 11 am in Downtown Buckley
We need floats! If you are interested in entering a float please contact Jacquie Cade @ 231-269-3790 or 231-357-2952 to enter the competition up to the day before the parade, or for any other questions you might have.
THE VILLAGE OF BUCKLEY HAS CASH PRIZES FOR FLOATS FOR THESE CATEGORIES:
- 1ST PRIZE = $120
- 2ND PRIZE = $80
- 3RD PRIZE = $50
JUDGING STARTS PROMPTLY AT 10 AM AT THE BUCKLEY
SCHOOL BIG GYM PARKING LOT!!!
THERE WILL ALSO BE A BIKE DECORATING COMPETITION!
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PREREGISTER TO ENTER INTO THE BIKE COMPETITION, AND THERE ARE NO ENTRY FEES FOR THE BIKES. THAT IS ONLY FOR THE FLOATS.
FUN RUN (5K AND 1 MILE): CONTACT JOSH SPRUNGER @ 260-525-4171
COME JOIN THE FUN! BRING YOUR BIKE, BRING YOUR HORSE, BRING YOUR TRACTOR, OR BRING YOUR TRUCK! EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO JOIN IN THE 2022 MEMORIAL DAY ACTIVITIES!
$10 SPORTS PHYSICALS!!!
K-Town Youth Health Center in Kingsley is offering $10.00 Sports Physicals from now until July 15th. This will cover your athletes for the 2022/2023 Sports season. Call 231.263.5895 to make your appointment today. Time slots will fill up fast!!
SPRING SPORTS ARE UNDERWAY!
Be sure to check the schools website for the spring sports schedules! Come out and cheer on these students!
LOOKING AHEAD….. MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
- MS and HS awards banquet on Thursday, May 12th, at 6:30 pm
- Prom will be held at Crystal Mountain on Saturday, May 14th
- Elementary Spring Music Concert in the Big Gym on Wednesday, May 18th at 6:30 pm (more details to come)
This year’s yearbook cost is $40 per book. To purchase a yearbook, go to Buckley School’s homepage, scroll down, find the link and click on it.
- FCA: Starting Friday October 1 at 7:20AM will be the weekly huddle for FCA in the Den at the school with breakfast food provided. (If School is out, then this will be canceled)
- FOUNDRY: 7-12th graders meet on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30pm at 215 Wexford Ave, (T1).
- Public library hours are Monday – Thursday 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.