January 14, 2022 Bear News-Essities
MICHIGAN COVID HOME TEST PROGRAM
Please remember to stay home if your kids are feeling sick or anyone in your household is awaiting a COVID test result from the Dr.’s office.
Per the Health Department, students who are sick or that have been exposed to COVID, can EITHER come back on day 5 after testing positive or being exposed, and be fully masked for the remainder 5 days after return, or choose to be out for 10 days (which you would count weekend days as well).
Feel free to contact Mrs. Harrand at the school if you have any questions about this.
10TH GRADE FIELD TRIP
On Wednesday, February 2nd, all 10th graders will take a field trip to the Career-Tech Center in Traverse City to tour their programs and see what they have to offer. Permission forms are due Monday, January 17th. If your child did not get a copy, they may get a copy in the office.
Looking for work or just want to help out for pay from time to time?
Buckley Schools is working hard to remain face to face for learning this year – and we could use your help! Looking for guest teachers and substitutes in ALL areas including teaching, assistants, lunch service, bus drivers and more. When you sign up, you can schedule the days that work best for you! Please consider signing up to help out when you are able. To sign up go to willsub.com
Attention ALL proud Buckley Bears at school and in the community!!! The BHS Yearbook Team has yearbooks for sale.
- Last year’s yearbook, 2020-21, is $35
- Yearbooks from many prior years are on sale for $10.
The BHS Yearbook Staff works really hard to bring you a quality product and we NEED your support.
See Mr. Fleis to purchase those memories. email@example.com
SPORTS FROM HOME IF NEEDED
Just a reminder that all indoor Buckley sports, MS / JV / VAR, are available to watch virtually online at NFHSnetwork.com. Subscriptions can be purchased monthly or annually. This is a nice option for out of town family and friends to get to see our Bears in action!For the email blast with steps to register:
To signup for an NFHS network account: From any computer or smartphone, go to: https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/subscribe/retail#
- Select a plan; Annual $69.99, monthly $10.99
- Complete the payment fields (must have an email address and debit/credit card)
- Create a password and log into your account
- Use the search bar at the top and type “Buckley High School”
- Select the FOLLOW button and all Buckley events will show up every time you login
Once again we are able to offer FREE lunches! However, if you have not filled out your free and reduced lunch forms yet, please do so ASAP! This really helps the school out. You can just go to the NEW website www.familyportal.cloud. Breakfast is still offered for free daily. If any student gets an extra entree, they will be charged $1.25 on their account.
- FCA: Starting Friday October 1 at 7:20AM will be the weekly huddle for FCA in the Den at the school with breakfast food provided. (If School is out, then this will be cancelled)
- FOUNDRY: 7-12th graders meet on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30pm at 215 Wexford Ave, (T1).
- Public library hours are Monday – Thursday 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Please take note that you may not drop your child off before 7:55 a.m.
- Please do NOT park in the roundabout where other cars are trying to drop off!!!
- Parents are no longer allowed to walk your child down the hallway. Please say your goodbyes at the doors.